PDA

View Full Version : There's a horse in my Spybot!!

Bag Lady
2007-03-15, 02:59
I hope someone can help! I have never seen anything like this since I've been using SpyBot...I went to download today's definitions & run a scan...& I almost fell off my chair...I clicked on the small update globe with the green arrow pointing down (also says Update...Get the newest threat recognition rules online) on the top left of the screen. When I clicked on the little globe...the screen opened & a horse let out a very loud sound...there was a square box with smaller boxes inside & 2 of the boxes were yellow!! Whoa..what is this...I'm scared stiff!!!

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-15, 05:08
You discovered Spybot-S&D's "Easter egg" (hidden feature).

There is a game included in Spybot called KnightHop and it includes a horse nay. It is activated by an "Easter Egg" on each screen in Spybot. The KnightHop game can be initiated from any screen in Spybot by clicking on the small symbol just to the left of the title in the right pane of any screen (binoculars on the scan screen, first aid kit on the recovery screen, etc.).

KnightHop can also be downloaded as a separate program:
KnightHop
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/tools_knighthop.html

Bag Lady
2007-03-15, 23:57
You don't know how relieved I am...I thought for a moment it was I virus & it was letting me know that I was an "ass"...the closest thing to a horse...I presume! Thanks for informing about this...I can sleep sounder now that I won't be trampled by horses' thunder!

Tanks A Lot!!

Bag Lady
2007-03-17, 17:51
If I want to get rid of this game in my SpyBot S&D...How would I do that? For now I say "nay" to the KnightHopper game!

Tanks A Lot!

PepiMK
2008-02-27, 15:50
Sorry, that is fixed. Just don't click on that symbol.
Quit a lot of applications do have such fun parts hidden somewhere. You won't be able to get rid of them in your Microsoft Word or Excel either ;)

(edit: oh... hmmm... lol... well, I came from a link from a newer article (FAQ) and thought this was something current :-D )

schitzn
2008-08-25, 15:28
Sorry, that is fixed. Just don't click on that symbol.
Quit a lot of applications do have such fun parts hidden somewhere. You won't be able to get rid of them in your Microsoft Word or Excel either ;)

(edit: oh... hmmm... lol... well, I came from a link from a newer article (FAQ) and thought this was something current :-D )

You tell'n me that 60kb of my hard disk is an easter egg?

I want a anti-easteregg application. :eek:

drragostea
2008-08-25, 18:17
The "KnightHop" application is no longer available in Spybot (later versions), however you can download it from the Spybot site if you wish. This is just a note.

spybotsandra
2008-08-25, 18:51
Hello,

It is still available in version 1.6.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

drragostea
2008-08-25, 20:07
Really? Thanks for the confirmation Sandra.

Erm. Where can I find it? :santa:

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-29, 06:50
drragostea:

... Where can I find it? ...

... There is a game included in Spybot called KnightHop and it includes a horse nay. It is activated by an "Easter Egg" on each screen in Spybot. The KnightHop game can be initiated from any screen in Spybot by clicking on the small symbol just to the left of the title in the right pane of any screen (binoculars on the scan screen, first aid kit on the recovery screen, etc.). ...

EkriirkE
2008-08-29, 08:51
Really? Thanks for the confirmation Sandra.

Erm. Where can I find it? :santa:

Click the small icon in the title section of a respective tool, it is there in 1.6

drragostea
2008-08-29, 17:23
Thank you for the contribution.

wadahoot
2008-09-18, 08:02
Hello! I downloaded KnightHop, but now I'm stuck. It's a zip file (as you know) and apparently my WinZip is expired. I knew it was a 45 day free trial, but I was told that it would actually continue working. Not.

Is there another program that is shareware which I can use to unzip KH, or a way to get around WinZip's expiration date?

Thanks much! :banghead:

tashi
2008-09-18, 08:41
Hello,

apparently my WinZip is expired. I knew it was a 45 day free trial, but I was told that it would actually continue working. Not.

Is there another program that is shareware which I can use to unzip KH, or a way to get around WinZip's expiration date?

WinZip does expire after the free trial, and trying to get around a software's expiration date would not be legal. ;)

7-zip is free, here are two more to choose from.

http://www.filzip.com/
http://www.pkware.com/download-software/free-unzip

Hope that helps.

wadahoot
2008-09-18, 08:56
I have the Ever Popular :wink: Vista - do you happen to know if there is one on it, and if so, where would I find it?

Thanks to both of you for such quick replies!

wadahoot
2008-09-18, 14:33
So, I combined suggestions and got it! I tried right-clicking, but there was no command saying anything about Extract. I then reasoned that Windows wouldn't offer Extract as long as WinZip was around. So I removed WinZip using Remove Program, and Extract WAS now a choice when I right-clicked KnightHop! So, using Extract, I was able to extract the KnightHop file, set it up.
Mission Accomplished - thanks to everyone here! :flowers: