PDA

View Full Version : Can't select what to do with registry updates

dflak
2007-03-15, 23:06
I think it's tea timer (or resident) that is detecting an attempted registry update by McAfee. However, the dialog box announcing this is truncated. I cannot see all the data and I can't resize the box. I think there are supposed to be options there that allow me to select what to do. However they are not visible.

All I can see is part of a check box to "remember this decision." Other than that, I have the "X" to close the dialog box. When I do this, it tells me that the registry entry is denied.

I can also see a black and white list if I right click the icon in the system tray, but I can't add anything, and I presume I can't delete anything either.

Zenobia
2007-03-15, 23:43
Please see here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=74411&postcount=2

With Spybot 1.4,you can right-click Teatimer,then select Settings,to open the Black & White list.There's four headings at the top you can click on,Allowed processes,Blocked processes,Allowed registry changes,Blocked registry changes,and if there's anything you wish to remove,just click the X to remove it,then click OK.

dflak
2007-03-17, 01:29
I got a screenshot of what I am faced with.

Zenobia
2007-03-17, 06:16
Yes,that is the teatimer bug that is described in the link posted above.The fixes and workarounds for it are listed in that post,so that you can pick one. :)