PDA

View Full Version : PC Acting strange while using dvd burner

jay1514929
2007-03-16, 15:05
Let me preface this by saying thanks to all here as you have always been helpful to me.

I am not even sure if there is any help for me but I figure someone here may know how to help if there is.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before but first my hardware.

Intel motherboard:D101GGC
Intel Pentium D 820: 2.8Ghz
Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory: 2 GHz in total
Sony: DRU-830A DL DVD Burner
Seagate Barracuda EIDE: 320Gb HDD / 7200rpm / 16MB cache
400 Watt: Ultra V series PS
3 Internal cooling fans

Windows XP Pro (SP2) Up to date patches as of 3/16/07
Symantec Client Security (up to date defs)
Spybot (up to date)
Adaware (Up to date)
Windows defender (up to date)

Scans have been run (3/15/07) and with no threats found.

DVD Fab Platinum
DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink
Nero 7
Tivo desktop (running)

Now here is the weird thing, and this has not happened before. This happened while trying to backup my last 2 discs (one movie and one ps2 game)(Tenacious D Pick of dest - MLB 2007 the show.)

While either trying to read or write information my pc acts very strange. Are you familiar with the bong sound when you adjust system volume? While running the bong turns into a bbbbbbbbbbbooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg. In fact all sounds drag on and the pc seams to lag. CPU usage is roughly around 50 % to 60 % range.

It seams like my system is being taxed to the limit. I have never had this problem before. In the past I have been able to multi task while burning. So I thought I might have had some spyware but I ran scans and came up with no threats across the board. very weird. Also, the duration of reads and writes are much longer now... Reading MLB took 1.5 hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.