PDA

View Full Version : "bloodhound.Unknown"

Tavohl
2007-03-17, 05:40
hi, every one. I was recently working on my uncles PC. He wanted me to download a file from an email, so i did it. I am 100% sure i scanned it before downloading it and the anitvirus didnt found anything.

The day after i did that, a message from the antivirus poped up saying that some file was infected by "bloodhound.unkown" virus and that i could not delete it because it didnt had acces to it. I've been scaning the hard drives and nothing comes up, no infections or anything. But the window keeps poping up. Every time i close the pop up a new one appears 5 seconds after i close the first one. Only one window opened at a time.

Anyway, i have looked over the internet and cant find anything, except the definiton of the virus. Which states that it is a rare kind of virus, because it is unknown. And that i need to send a copy of the file to the antivirus company(symantec) and they will try to find out whats wrong.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you very much.

tashi
2007-03-17, 08:29
Hello.

Please see the procedure for posting in this forum: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Post the requested information into this topic, and a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.

tashi
2007-03-27, 07:24
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.