PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Delete/Clean This?

Orange3131
2007-03-17, 23:41
Here's the log I have.

3/17/2007 6:12:41 PM Encountered and terminated Smitfraud-C. in C:\WINDOWS\system\svchost.exe!

That's just one part. It keeps on saying that. I see little pop-ups that it's being deleted by Spybot. How can I get rid of Smitfraud-C?

And it keeps on going on.

How do I get Smitfraud-C out of svchost.exe ?

I'm running on Windows XP Home Edition.

Dell Laptop (Inspiron B120)

Intel Processor (1.5 GHz , 768 MB RAM )

Please help A.S.A.P.

Orange3131
2007-03-17, 23:54
I have a virus scan report from www.virusscan.jotti.org

File: svchost.exe
POSSIBLY INFECTED/MALWARE (Note: this file has been scanned before. Therefore, this file's scan results will not be stored in the database) (Note: this file was only classified as malware by scanners known to generate more false positives than the average scanner. Do not consider these results definately accurate. Also, because of this, results of this scan will not be recorded in the database.)
MD5 2829b01085bf53c87163307bb4388059
Packers detected:
PE_PATCH.UPX, UPX

Scan taken on 17 Mar 2007 22:48:10 (GMT)
AntiVir
Found TR/Spy.Banker.Gen
ArcaVir
Found nothing
Avast
Found nothing
AVG Antivirus
Found nothing
BitDefender
Found nothing
ClamAV
Found nothing
Dr.Web
Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus
Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus
Found nothing
Fortinet
Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Found nothing
NOD32
Found nothing
Norman Virus Control
Found nothing
Panda Antivirus
Found nothing
VirusBuster
Found nothing
VBA32
Found nothing

pskelley
2007-03-18, 17:07
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

tashi
2007-03-27, 08:48
Due to lack of a response to helper this topic has been archived. If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.