PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen Crash

patmac
2007-03-22, 16:50
Hi, last night my system crashed, with a blue screen, and the following info:
***STOP: 0x0000007F(0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Beginning dump of Physical Memory
Physical Memory dump complete
Contact your System Administrator or Technical support group for further assistance.
When I booted back to Windows, a windows box came up that stated "the system has recovered from a serious error".
Then a Spy-Bot Search and Destroy box came up stating: "Spy-Bot has detected an important registry that has been changed:
Category: System startup global entry
Change: Value detected
Entry: Kernal Fault Check
Old Data: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
When I closed this, another Spy-Bot box popped up saying: Registry change denied. It quickly went away.
Following is the info from in Spy-Bot:
3/21/2007 7:26:06 PM Denied value "KernelFaultCheck" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup global entry!
Also, this morning, when I logged off the admin account, Spy-Bot said it needed to shut down/end task.
Is this indicative of anything?
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-22, 17:32
Then a Spy-Bot Search and Destroy box came up stating: "Spy-Bot has detected an important registry that has been changed:
Category: System startup global entry
Change: Value detected
Entry: Kernal Fault Check
Old Data: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
Dumprep is used in connection with memory dumps. If a serious error occurs, Dumprep.exe writes the error details to a text file. The Dumprep tool then prompts you to send the error information to Microsoft.

When Dumprep executes it attempts to add a startup entry to the system registry. The startup entry is optional because the program will load when required if not loaded at system startup. If not loaded at system startup it will not use up any system resources until required.

When I closed this, another Spy-Bot box popped up saying: Registry change denied. It quickly went away.
With TeaTimer 1.3 and TeaTimer 1.4, if you close the TeaTimer dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change is denied.

Also, this morning, when I logged off the admin account, Spy-Bot said it needed to shut down/end task.
I have no idea why you may have gotten this message. Normally TeaTimer terminates quickly enough that you do not get an "End Task" type message during shutdown/logoff.

sunshine_smj
2008-01-08, 00:32
I received this exact same detection as the original poster.

Category: System Startup global entry
Change: Value added

Entry: KernalFaultCheck

New data: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

What do I do? Should I "Allow change" or "Deny change?"

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-08, 06:10
sunshine_smj:

Do an "Allow change" or a "Deny change", your choice.

When Dumprep executes it attempts to add a startup entry to the system registry. The startup entry is optional because the program will load when required if not loaded at system startup. If not loaded at system startup it will not use up any system resources until required.