PDA

View Full Version : MSXOS.dll ?????

newbie94043
2007-03-24, 06:51
I cannot remove this file using Spybot S&D, nor with the McAfee-provided security system included with AOL 9.0 Security Edition. After repeated scans with both systems (Spybot and AOL-McAfee), I receive the message that there is a malicious file at C:\\WINNT\system32\MXSOS.dll. Neither system can repair or delete the file.

Searching Google for MXSOS.dll, the first hit is to PREVX. The company website for PREVX directs one to download PREVX1. I happened to look at the user reviews for PREVX1 on CNET and the reviews are uniformly bad. Supposedly, PREVX1 is a nightmare, and even difficult to uninstall! As a non-sophisticated user, I don't need to compound my problems.

On Google, virtually all of the other entries commenting about MSXOS.dll are in Chinese. I do not read Chinese. The computer-generated translations are primitive, however, one webpage seemed to imply that MSXOS.dll is a Trojan.

If there is a program I can purchase that will get riid of it, I will do that. But PREVX is the only company I have found, thus far, that detects this malware.

Help!

Thanks in advance.
Newbie94043

tashi
2007-03-24, 08:30
Hello.

Please see the procedure for posting in this forum: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Post the results of the on-line anti virus scan, and the log from HJT into this topic, and a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.

tashi
2007-03-29, 06:55
:spider:

This topic has been archived due to lack of a response.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.