PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer not loading on startup

martinr
2007-03-25, 20:02
It's a niggling thing that I've ignored for a while. Whilst Resident TeaTimer is checked in Tools > Resident in Spybot, and TeaTimer appears in HKCU Run as well as being in my Startup list under Programs (not sure why it appears in 2 locations - maybe I inserted it in one to try to kick start it) TeaTimer won't start up on boot up. If, however, I open Spubot manually after boot up, TeaTimer does startup and drop down into the systems tray and remains there even after closing the Spybot window. Now it seems that sometimes TeaTimer will load if I logon as an administrator but in my usual logon as a user, it just will not automatically load.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I realised that it doesn't do a full uninstall so the problem remains. My next step is to uninstall and try and clean all traces of Spybot, and then reinstall. However, before I try that, I thought I'd check with the experts, having not found anything on this topic on Google.

Thanks.

Martin

mahhddgtp
2007-03-27, 07:12
Is your VirusScanner booting as well? My dad's did the exact same thing... Except his AVG (VScan) wouldn't boot either.

FAUST
2007-03-27, 12:46
it sound like the same problem I'm having, teatimer (v1.5.0.6) is loading but the icon is not appearing in the taskbar for some reason (this is a sporadic thing as sometimes it appears and sometimes not). check in taskmanager (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and look in the processes tab there should be an entry for teatimer.exe, if it's there then teatimer is loaded but the icon isn't displaying. :)

martinr
2007-03-29, 19:50
Thanks, but unfortunately, teatimer.exe is genuinely not loading - it's not appearing in Task Manager and, yes, my antivirus (Antivir) is loading. I think I'll have troubleshoot this one and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your kind suggestions in the meantime.

Martin