PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with Update Downloads

TurtleBear
2007-03-26, 03:43
Hello,

When I check for updates, it returns with the usual list ( or long list since I haven't been able to get the update to work lately ) BUT.... It only has ? question marks and no boxes to check .

Can someone help me please. :scratch:

Thank You

:sad:

Zenobia
2007-03-26, 04:47
I'm not sure what would cause that.I was thinking it might be Bad Checksum,but that shows as an exclamation point with a red circle through it,like it does on this page:
http://ict.cas.psu.edu/training/howto/util/SpybotUpdateoff.htm
I don't remember question marks.

As for getting updates,there are manual updates available from this page.You might want to install those,since it's been a long time since you've been able to update.:
http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

Detection updates 2007-03-21 - product description

md5: E9F3DA77969CF88F578A9F3EF7A6DB25

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

TurtleBear
2007-03-27, 09:34
It is a red Question Mark with yellow around it . It doesnt update that way either so that didnt work.

:scratch:

Zenobia
2007-03-27, 10:22
Okay,I forgot about that,but now I see the updates come up with a red question mark with yellow around it before the updates are downloaded. :red: There are no boxes to check,though?
Do you use anything like Window Blinds or Alien Guise?I used to have that,and I couldn't see some parts of Spybot when I had a darker theme on,(though I think I saw the updates okay.)
I have another program where sometimes the boxes to checkmark aren't always visible,until I put a checkmark where the box is supposed to be,then it becomes visible.Is there a space beside the red question mark?Have you tried to see if you can place a checkmark beside the red question mark with your mouse anyways(worth a shot,I guess.)

Why wouldn't the manual updates install either,what happened?

TurtleBear
2007-03-29, 10:19
Hi,

No I still can not put a check to the left side of it :trample:, there is a tiny blue dot there.

Not sure if I know how to update manually correctly as when I run it , it doesnt do anything so I also tried saving the updates but when I try and re run the software it says my definations are old ?

:sad:

TurtleBear
2007-03-29, 10:43
It Finally Worked !!!

:bigthumb:

Thank You

:bighug:

:flowers:

Zenobia
2007-03-29, 11:57
Good,glad it worked. :) It was the manual updates?