PDA

View Full Version : help using the search and destroy

lafever34
2007-03-31, 02:13
sorry if there's already a post up about this, but i just d/l the program and can't get it to fully update,

the problem is that everytime i click on the "check for problems" tab i get an error message that says: "you need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater"

however, when i go to the update tab it fails to download the detection rules, english descriptions and immunization database, despite downloading all the other updates on the list.

so ultimatly i'm just wondering what i need to do to use this program, cause from what i hear it is a very good program.

thanks for all your help

lafever34

Zenobia
2007-03-31, 03:28
however, when i go to the update tab it fails to download the detection rules, english descriptions and immunization database, despite downloading all the other updates on the list.

When you say it fails to download those three things,what happens?Do you see 'bad checksum',or anything like that,or do those three things just not show in the list of updates?

lafever34
2007-03-31, 09:13
never mind! lol it works now... thanks for replying though!

Zenobia
2007-03-31, 10:04
You're welcome. :)

honeybee
2007-04-01, 04:15
sorry if there's already a post up about this, but i just d/l the program and can't get it to fully update,

the problem is that everytime i click on the "check for problems" tab i get an error message that says: "you need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater"

so ultimatly i'm just wondering what i need to do to use this program, cause from what i hear it is a very good program.

thanks for all your help

lafever34

mate same problem for me..

how did u manage to get it running..

plz help..

lafever34
2007-04-01, 06:55
i wish i could help you out, but all i did was run the update again at about 12 hours after downloading it and it ended up working. wish i could help:sad: