PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Spyware

jmyotis
2007-04-02, 19:37
Will Spybot detect an internal corporate spyware? Corporate monitoring?

tashi
2007-04-02, 20:07
Hello.

Spybot-S&D is free for personal use. Are you interested in the Corporate version and/or license?

Corporate Use:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=44554&postcount=3

Regards. :)

PepiMK
2007-04-02, 20:52
Sounds more like he doesn't want to be spied about by his employer ;)
Such internal monitoring/spying is only allowed if its clearly written in the contract... well, exact conditions differ from country to country of course.

Spybot-S&D can detect some commercial keylogger products which could be used in corporate environments to spy upon employees, not really a problem with those.

To be honest though, if I would be such an employer and had enough IT to actually install and maintain such a monitoring, I would go for my own custom solution which simply wouldn't be known outside of the house.

But then, the standard employer might make such a decision based on cost, and in this case, he probably would go for a standard "monitoring" solution...

Another category: for software running on a corporate server, with only limited access to the employee, monitoring may be possible, but not possible to detect on the employees side. Could for example happen with central databases and employees access to them. Or monitoring of emails, which happens purely on the email server, which the employee can't access on a file-by-file level.

So: it all depends on how standard or custom the monitoring is, and which kind of monitoring exactly.

Sorry that I couldn't give a clear Yes/No solution, such things are easily said by marketing guys to please customers, but actually never that easy :D: