PDA

View Full Version : 1172 "processes blocked " Help, I'm a novice

karlie
2007-04-03, 20:22
and have to do things by trial and error. I had to do a system restore today for an unrelated problem. After the restore, I updated and scanned my system. At the botton of my screen is an Icon that shows the message "1172blocked processes" when I hold the mouse over it. Now, I don't know what I am doing half the time and although I had tea timer installed, I removed it in March because of all the problems I was having. Can you tell me in the most simple terms what the processes blocked means and what I do about it?

I tried to find the answer in your help forum but can not find anything. I wonder if I should completely remove S & D and reinstall it. What is blocking what?

Windows XP SP2,IE 6.
Also have
AdAware, SpywareBlaster
WindowsCare

THank you very much for your help

md usa spybot fan
2007-04-03, 21:19
karlie:

At the botton of my screen is an Icon that shows the message "1172blocked processes" when I hold the mouse over it. … although I had tea timer installed, I removed it in March because of all the problems I was having.
The icon in the System Notification (System Tray) area of your Taskbar that indicates the following when you run your cursor over it is associated with TeaTimer:

Spybot-SD Resident
1172 processes blacklisted.
If that icon is present I believe that TeaTimer is still active. To stop using TeaTimer:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident > and uncheck the following item:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

… At the botton of my screen is an Icon that shows the message "1172blocked processes" when I hold the mouse over it. … Can you tell me in the most simple terms what the processes blocked means and what I do about it?
TeaTimer is an active protection that has two distinct functions:
TeaTimer monitors changes to certain system Registry keys such as System Startup, ActiveX Distribution Unit, Browser page and Browser Helper Object, etc. When any change is detected to these Registry keys a pop-up dialog (see Note #1) is issued asking you to allow or deny the change and if you want TeaTimer to remember the decision.
TeaTimer also monitors processes that are initiated in the system. If the process being initiated matches a list of processes in Spybot's detection files (see Note #2), the process is terminated and a dialog is issued to notify you and allow you to make choices as to how to handle the same process during future detections.
Note #1: There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's popup dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. For more on how to correct the problem see:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=74411&postcount=2
Note #2: I believe that the "1172 processes blacklisted" may be the number of processes that TeaTimer monitors for termination. To the best of my knowledge there is no list of what those 1172 processes are.