PDA

View Full Version : Fatal "Systems Protection Error"

jonathanbean
2007-04-06, 06:59
I downloaded update to Spybot yesterday and now Teatimer is not working on boot up. I get a "Systems Protection Error." When I click on more info. it says Teatimer.exe is the culprit. I can't do anything with the computer and have to restart after taking teatimer off my startup list. Ugh.

Is there a bug in this week's update??

bsnappy
2007-04-06, 18:39
I'm getting this too
Didn't appear until i restarted my computer
To stop it, i have to terminate the Teatimer.exe process

spybotsandra
2007-04-11, 12:34
Hello,

Which version of the TeaTimer are you using?
A new beta version?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bsnappy
2007-04-11, 20:29
I'm using the latest beta version
I'm not getting this error any more but Teatimer quits after a few seconds with no error...
Is there any way i can go back to the old Teatimer (without uninstalling Spybot completely)?

md usa spybot fan
2007-04-11, 20:50
There is no way unless you preserved a copy of the original TeaTimer.exe before installing the beta version. If you preserved a copy of the original TeaTimer.exe or have backups from before installing the TeaTimer.exe beta, than exit TeaTimer and copy the original TeaTimer.exe into C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy and restart TeaTimer.

GT-Force
2007-04-20, 10:41
I just did an update (not upgrade to new beta or anything) yesterday, and TeaTimer started quitting with no error messages, today.

Please post if you know the reason/solution.

For a second, I was scared that I had some nasties :spider: in the system, and they were shutting S&D down, before S&D could shut them down. Instead, it looks like a common problem.
Phew...