PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Additional Skin's The Down Load Does Not Work

Porky Butts Sr
2005-10-29, 06:37
Question for the Spy Bot Guru here, why is it that when I go to the downloads page and try to get the download for the additional skins I am un-able to do so ???

I had no trouble in the past acquiring them at all

I am how ever able to down load the proggy to make my own skin's up but that is not exactly what I want.

And I am little P.O'd about this so what's up ???

Thank you.

Porky Butts Sr

mikey
2005-10-29, 07:10
Hey Mr Butt,

Just a bit OT;
I noticed your name and was wondering if you might be related to the pcbutts1.com domain. Any connection?

BTW Just curious, why would anyone get POd about a little trouble trying to get some free extra skins for a free product?

Anyway, the domain hosting the skins is down now. I'm sure the skins will be available sometime soon tho.

Porky Butts Sr
2005-10-29, 07:51
Hey Mr Butt,

Just a bit OT;
I noticed your name and was wondering if you might be related to the pcbutts1.com domain. Any connection?

BTW Just curious, why would anyone get POd about a little trouble trying to get some free extra skins for a free product?

Anyway, the domain hosting the skins is down now. I'm sure the skins will be available sometime soon tho.

1.) I have no clue at all as to whom pcbutts1.com is at all so as far as that goes the answer is NO.

2.) I am surprised as to why the Admin of such a well know site and product would not state so in their home page that they are having problem's at this time ??? And if they done so I may have over looked it, so then I would make a apology for my stupidity. So it being free or not, does not matter 1 bit at all.

Now, If anything, how do you know that I have not been 1 peep that has donated to such cause be it now or in the past ??? And that answer being is you don't, do you. So as far as your curiosity goes, I hope that I have helped you out in that department as well.

What I am saying is, I do not like waisting my time. If the site is looking for donation's at all. Then at least keep the peep's well informed, and therefore it may help the cause a little bit for all concerned, do you get my drift ???

On a final note, I hope that you do not take what I have said in the wrong way, but I am as strait forward as 1 can be. So I thank you for that info and I will tell you that it is appreciated by me.

Porky Butts Sr.

tashi
2005-10-30, 03:47
Hello Porky Butts Sr and welcome to the forums.

We apologise for the dead link, this is a new site and we are still updating links.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/index.html

News
New support forum 24. October 2005

Due to software problems (you may remember that the Net-Integration forum was using Invision PowerBoard, which we wrote about a few weeks ago), health problems of our U.S. administrator and reorganization of support staff, we've set up new support forums on our Safer Networking servers. The hopefully last setup has been made today, and we encourage you to use it as much as you did on the Net-Integration site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Porky Butts Sr
2005-11-09, 04:11
Hello Porky Butts Sr and welcome to the forums.

We apologise for the dead link, this is a new site and we are still updating links.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/index.html

Sorry for the inconvenience.

LMAO, No apology needed at all ;) , just upload the skin's to this site, so where are they ????

It should only take some 1 a half a hour to do so that is just by going into your back up. :rolleyes:

As far as your US Admin being sick, well I hope he or she get's much better, I truely do, but that's what a Mod is used for, to Moderate a site, yes.

So whom ever the Mod/Mod's are here, than do your job's as you should be doing, and that is not sitting around trying to look important or playing with your self at the same time.

So what's the poop on that ??? :p

I am not trying to bust any of your ball's/muff's here but the, This is a new site we are just updating the link's thing just does not fly with me.

P.S. Thank you :D

Porky Butts Sr

mr_sam_34
2005-11-22, 04:31
Hi Porky,

You're not the only one having difficulty downloading new skins for Spybot,I'm in the same boat too,from what I can understand,the support team are having difficulties with fixing broken links,so I think in the meantime we just have to wait till everything is sorted out.

If any of the support team are reading this,could you give us a rough estimate when things will be sorted out?,that would be much appreciated...thanks in advance...

By the way,I'm impressed with the Spybot software and I use it in addition to Avast and Adaware to keep my computer clean and free of all the greebles and unwanted rubbish that pollutes the Internet,the internet was originaly created as a powerful tool for research,now it seems that some individuals are exploiting the Internet to violate their fellow human being's rights and privacy,anything which makes the Internet safer to use has to be a good thing in my book,thanks for developing a very useful utility...cheers.