PDA

View Full Version : Itbarlayout

frankiep
2007-04-06, 15:03
I am a novice, i can not seem to remove a tea timer popup related to ITbarlayout. I have denied the change and now it continually pops up

HAs any body seen this before

steamwiz
2007-04-06, 22:13
Hi

Please see this quote of a post by md usa spybot fan

md usa spybot fan2005-12-31, 23:59
Something is continually attempting to change an "ITBarLayout" entry and I believe that you answered the original pop-up dialog with "Deny change" and "Remember this decision". Now that the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes. Check and see if you have any entries stored for the registry entries that are being denied as follows:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":

Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Denied registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.

You can answer the pop-up dialog accordingly when it is received again. Note: The change that you showed was actually deleting the entry (new data: ""), so allow the change and the loop of messages should stop.