PDA

View Full Version : Opening web pages

speiderman
2007-04-10, 02:52
Spybot helped me get rid of a nasty virus problem and your suggestions for keeping clean have helped greatly. I followed advice in "How did I get infected..." and have avoided viruses, etc. I think I followed one suggestion that limited which web pages can be opened at one time. For example, when I open my HotMail, none of the ads show up on the page, which is fine with me. All the ad spaces say "IE cannot display the webpage." However, this also limits my browsing when a webpage is supposed to transfer me to another site. I can't open the page. I'd like to be able to briefly undo whatever I did to limit opening other pages. It seems like it might have been in the Hosts file or something. Does this make any sense?

Thanks much. And for you other readers - send in your donations! I do.

spybotsandra
2007-04-11, 11:43
Hello,

Please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. There you will find a drop down menu. Please select "Ask for blocking confirmation". If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem. If this doesn't work please untick the checkbox and hit "Undo" in the same section of Spybot-S&D. But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot