PDA

View Full Version : "Connect MFC Application" and "Instant Access"

KOALA
2007-04-11, 01:22
Each time I do a scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4, in the report I get "Connect MFC Application" and a number of lines (under "Connect MFC Application", "MS Media Player", "MS Search Assistant", "Windows Explorer", "Windows Media SDK" and sometimes "WinZip") all beginning with HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1935655697-1993962763-854245398-1003

SB removes them all, but if I later try to connect to Internet, what I am doing will be interrupted by the opening of an website (e.g. hxxp://fp.gad-network.com with variable titles like "Crazygirls World" or "Summer Girls") which will try to force the activation of a dialer and soon become uncontrolable, and generally a file called "Instant Access" will be automatically generated and installed in C:\Program Files - which will make things even worse next time I try to connect to Internet. It is possible to delete "Instant Access" manually each time it reappears, but there seems to be no way to stop the inadvertent opening of the website which makes it pratically impossible to work on the computer while staying connected to Internet. Doing a new scan of the computer with SB S&D will just generate the same vicious circle!

Please, can you tell me how to solve the problem? (A simple solution would be appreciated since I am a novice with computers.)

pskelley
2007-04-12, 01:41
Welcome to the forum, about all I can do is promise to do my best and show you the google on Instant Access.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Instant+Access+dialer&btnG=Search

It appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

tashi
2007-04-18, 04:07
This topic has been archived to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.