PDA

View Full Version : Torpig - quick action is good - maybe??

mjbeyer
2007-04-14, 18:30
Hi, just want to let everyone know of my experience and find out if i am now safe.

I was trying to download a video and got a dialog telling me to download a codec to view it and when i did i got security bubbles (not xp bubbles) popping up.

I immediatley rebooted and ran my AVG which showed nothing, Ad-Aware SE Personal which showed nothing, and then Spybot - Search & Destroy which showed i had Torpig but it couldn't clean my system even at the resatrt prompt. I came straight to this website for removal info and followed the instructions i found. I downloaded SDFix but for some reason i could get into safe mode to run it so i downloaded combofix and ran that. Combofix couldn't fix the problem for me either.

I though the worst and thought what the hell, i'll do a system restore to 1 week prior. Once the system restore was done I ran my AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot. Only spybot found the trojen and so I followed the prompts and low and behold it cleaned and deleted Torpig. I rebooted and ran AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot again and nothing was found. I rebooted and ran the 3 programs again 2 more times to make sure and nothing was found and nothing was found.

If this did work as i hope, it proves that early intervention is the best cure.

My question is how can i be sure my system is clean??

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Marty.

tashi
2007-04-14, 21:04
Hello.

Please see: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Regards. ;)

tashi
2007-04-23, 07:22
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.