PDA

View Full Version : blue screen of death!!

dr.cox
2007-04-15, 18:51
hi guys...

im having some serious problems with my PC. i get this blue screen of death at least every other day and its getting really fustrated.

the messages vary...ive had DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL
and the recent messages say css-dvp.sys

im really sorry but i dont know a lot about PC's so plz plz plz be simple in ur advice that would be much appreciated. e.g. i dont know what a log is!

but anyway, i wish to remove this virus or whatever it is from my PC. I dont mind reformatting its just that i cant do that until the summer as i am currently really busy with final year uni exams!! if you have any suggestions or advice to temporarily stop this virus that'd be great!

PS if this is in the wrong forum plz accept my apoligies, and move it for me plz. thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

pskelley
2007-04-15, 19:07
Welcome to the forum, when troubleshooting error messages it is very important that the message be posted word for word and completely. I don't think that is a complete error message? If it is, look here for answers:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL&btnG=Google+Search There is a very good chance this is not malware related, which is what we do here. If you wish us to look for malware issues, please provide as much information about any symptoms and the information required in this link:

"BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

tashi
2007-04-23, 07:28
This topic has been archived to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.