PDA

View Full Version : Malware Alarm/disabled wallpaper

bootscooter
2007-04-16, 00:05
Accidentally got that Malware Alarm and after a time of getting rid of it it apparently has disabled my Desktop-Wallpaper setting. Any ideas of how to get it back; I have many "pictures" I set as background and now unable to do so. ScreenSaver works fine, eveything works fine--but the operator.
I deeply would appreciate any help.
System is a XP, Deminsion 4700
I did look in the RegEdit files but not sure exactly what I'm looking for or what to do once find it--whatever it is. I contacted Dell--they were no help whatsoever. Considering contacting the Geek squad but recently heard bad news about them, too.
I've read thru the Forum and really havent found what I am looking for. I am not computer savvy and get lost in the technical aspects.
Any help appreciated deeply.
Thank You--boots

pskelley
2007-04-16, 16:22
Welcome to the forum, I am not sure if I can help you or not. If you will follow these directions, we can find out.
It appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Since it appears from your comments that you have already removed some malware, I would appreciate information about what it was and what you did to remove it. If you are receiving any messages at all from Windows, please post them "word for word"

Thanks

tashi
2007-04-23, 07:43
:scratch:

Due to lack of a response, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.