PDA

View Full Version : connect to internet problem

hakeem777
2007-04-19, 06:41
Few days ago, my IE 6.0 and firefox suddenly failed to go to any website including yahoo and etc ... It showed "cannot find the webpage". I am connecting to Internet through broadband at home and I figure out the connection is still through and I still can ping to the website. But IE or firefox cannot go anywhere. , I tried to use ip in IE but still doesn't work. And I tried to run netsh winsock reset command. Things are getting worse. I cannot even connect to the ISP. The error message is 619... One thing I am not sure if it is related, the firewall is turned off automatically sometime when I reboot winxp. Then I used another computer with the same line and it works. I brought my computer to a computer expert. My computer can connect with his line. Now when I double-click the window firewalls in control panel, I got error message "the firewall failed to open ..." and then nothing happen and the firewall cannot be turned on. Some people told me to post the problem here. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

hakeem777
2007-04-20, 07:07
Can anyone please help? Thanks.

pskelley
2007-04-22, 12:43
Welcome to the forum, have you checked with your Internet Service Provider? This might be their problem, I would suggest you do that first.
I have no idea if I can be of help or not, and won't know unless you follow the directions: It appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

tashi
2007-04-27, 20:29
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.