PDA

View Full Version : 0 Problems found

lnantucket
2007-04-19, 21:02
It concerns me that for the past few months when I perform a scan, I get "0 Problems found", although Adaware picks up anywhere between 10-30 items daily. I do update and immunize before each Spybot scan.

I read something in the forums about using "file sets", but have nothing in there. Is that the problem why nothing is ever caught by Spybot?

How can I ensure that there really are no threats? Or determine what needs to be included in "file sets"?

spybotsandra
2007-04-20, 12:03
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

For how many items is your Spybot now searching?
Further which version of Spybot do you run?

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.4 and the updates from the 2007/04/18.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

lnantucket
2007-04-20, 17:55
Right, that's part of the problem. Nothing apears as a list, but the top 5 selections were all checked when I rt-clkd. I have been using advanced mode.
Also, when attempting to get you info on Version and updates under Help/About menus- there is nothing except the copyright info in the lower left portion of the screen. And I just upgraded and downloaded yesterday...
Do you think I should uninstall the program and download again?

Dex Luther
2007-04-20, 18:14
Right, that's part of the problem. Nothing apears as a list, but the top 5 selections were all checked when I rt-clkd. I have been using advanced mode.
Also, when attempting to get you info on Version and updates under Help/About menus- there is nothing except the copyright info in the lower left portion of the screen. And I just upgraded and downloaded yesterday...
Do you think I should uninstall the program and download again?

Do you do the Adaware scan before or after the spybot scan?

If you do the adaware one first, that might be why spybot isn't detecting anything. Adaware has already removed everything.

lnantucket
2007-04-20, 18:30
Usually Spybot first; takes less time than Adaware. In between my posting I uninstalled and downloaded. Now I have a very different product v 1.4. I know have about 20+ file sets to check, etc. The updates had not taken effect and showed the last time used in 05!

I would still like to know what caused us not to have any of the downloads take effect, etc. But more importantly, now I'll have the security. Thank you.

md usa spybot fan
2007-04-20, 18:38
Please post a log of a scan so that we can see the version of Spybot be run and the files being used during the scan. To do that:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.