PDA

View Full Version : dslagent.exe

FAUST
2007-04-29, 15:39
After Updating to the latest dectctions (25/04/07) I have started getting the following pop-up at boot time.http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/8/4/29/f_Spybotwarnim_53cad2e.jpg

This is part of my modems drivers.

When I do a scan with Spybot it says there are no infections, also the system startup section says the following

Current filename: C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe

Database status: Regular entry
Value: DSLAGENTEXE
Filename: DSLagent.exe

Description
Used in conjunction with USB connected ADSL modems from _Eicon Networks_ (as used by BT for its Broadband internet service for example). Required for a permanent ADSL connection

Source: Paul Collins Startup list

I am assuming this a false positive as I have checked the file against the original in my backup and they are indentical, am a bit confused that at one point Spybot is telling me this is bad and then at the next telling me it's good.

Yodama
2007-04-30, 10:23
hello,

I can confirm that this is a false positive with the beta detection rules. A normal scan (even with beta rules) will not cause this false positive unless the directory with the dslagent.exe is added to the 'download directories' within Spybot.
Teatimer however does detect the file when it is started, in this case at right after booting the computer.

Corrections to the detection rules will be effective with the update scheduled for the middle of this week.

Thanks for reporting.

FAUST
2007-04-30, 12:21
Thanks for the confirmation and quick reply. :)