PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem!

ravishing_gal
2007-04-29, 22:09
I am not getting any sound from my PC when i try to play any files. It gives me this error- Device object not found/This device cannot start (Code 10)

I had given my PC to my engineer & he says he has formatted the C:/ but i dont feel so. And i dont want to give it to any other eng. again, i would like to solve it myself now.

My PC configuration:-
Intel(R), PENTIUM(R)4 CPU 1
70GHZ, 256 MB RAM

I tried loading these sound drivers as well- Sigma Tel AC97 V3010 5.10.00.3643

Please help solving my problem asap.

ravishing_gal
2007-04-30, 12:28
Whenever i click any link it doesnt open the desired page. But if i copy paste the link in the address bar it opens. I think i have deleted some file.

Please help! :fear:

tashi
2007-04-30, 18:10
I had given my PC to my engineer & he says he has formatted the C:/ but i dont feel so. And i dont want to give it to any other eng. again, i would like to solve it myself now.

Hello ravishing_gal.

You were here recently in the malware removal forum, is this the same machine?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=12707

ravishing_gal
2007-04-30, 19:08
this problem is with my PC: Whenever i click any link it doesnt open the desired page. But if i copy paste the link in the address bar it opens. I think i have deleted some file.

And the spund problem is with my friends PC.

Can you solve both. My friends problem needs attention urgently!

ravishing_gal
2007-04-30, 19:13
:oops: spelling mistake in my previous thread "And the spund problem is with my friends PC" instead of spund its sound :D:

tashi
2007-04-30, 19:20
Hello.

Unless one of our members has any ideas, I would recommend you ask at a site that deals with such, as we are support forums for Spybot-S&D and those with malware infections. ;)

md usa spybot fan
2007-04-30, 21:09
I assume that you have checked the Volume icon in the System Notification area of the Taskbar (System Tray) and made sure that nothing was muted.

If your C:\ drive was reformatted, the problem may be that the drivers for the integrated sound or sound card were not reloaded.

If it is not a simple thing, like something being muted in your Volume Control, I will reiterate what tashi (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=7) said and suggest that you post at another site. Here is a suggested site you could try:
BleepingComputer.com > Software and Hardware > Hardware
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum7.html

ravishing_gal
2007-05-01, 09:58
Thanks for trying to help in that area. I had an idea that this site just deals in malwares. i definately look into the site you have given.

But what about my problem ??? Whenever i click a link no page opens but when i copy paste the link in the address that site opens... :sad:

spybot_S&D user
2007-05-03, 05:11
Thanks for trying to help in that area. I had an idea that this site just deals in malwares. i definately look into the site you have given.

But what about my problem ??? Whenever i click a link no page opens but when i copy paste the link in the address that site opens... :sad:what browser are you using and what version is the browser?