PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

spybot_S&D user
2007-05-01, 10:46
i think there should be a suggestions thread thats one of them also i don't think it wouldn't hurt to switch forum search engines

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-01, 17:44
... also i don't think it wouldn't hurt to switch forum search engines
Some hints:

Searching the forum - vBulletin software:
apple banana Find posts that contain at least one of these words
+apple +juice Find posts with both words
+apple -juice Find posts with 'apple' but not 'juice'
apple* Find posts with 'apple' and/or 'applesauce'
"Some Words" Find posts with the phrase 'some words of wisdom', 'some words' but not 'some noise words'
For results lists, sometimes it helps if you use "Advanced Search" and near the bottom of the "Advanced Search" screen in the section labeled "Show Results as" change the default from Threads to Posts as follows:
From this:
Show Results as ● Threads ○ Posts
To this:
Show Results as ○ Threads ● Posts

spybot_S&D user
2007-05-01, 18:12
i just think that we should change search engines to keep the 60 second wait away so you could immediately search again if you entered it wrong

tashi
2007-05-01, 18:51
I changed it to 40 seconds for now. :)

FYI: the time frame prevents the search feature from taking too many server resources on busy forums.

spybot_S&D user
2007-05-02, 07:42
I changed it to 40 seconds for now. :)

FYI: the time frame prevents the search feature from taking too many server resources on busy forums.

would it have the same effect on the servers if you use a different search engien?because if not I know a speciale trick for the google search engien.p.s. I am typing this from a phone so it's kinda hard.thats why there are some spelling errors :x