PDA

View Full Version : UOL is not dangerous!!!

lllGibraltarlll
2007-05-04, 19:37
:thud: Hosts file marked that "www.uol.com.br" is a dangerous site BUT IT'S NOT!!! :buried: Maybe there is another with the same name... This site is the Home Page of many Lan Houses here at Brazil and you can see it's not with your http://www.uol.com.br/own eyes (This link won't appear here because it's considered unsafe.). The Cookies coming from it are of the advertsings maybe of Mercado Livre.com or Americanas.com and it's really rare. You'll see thet here in this country, much people will stop using Hosts file tool. Now, my father cannot access his e-mail. It's a famous e-mail: "@uol.com.br". :sad: YOU CAN SEE IT'S NOT DANGEROUS! Please administrators, take a look at that!

lllGibraltarlll
2007-05-05, 01:22
:thud: Hosts file marked that "www.uol.com.br" is a dangerous site BUT IT'S NOT!!! :buried: Maybe there is another with the same name... This site is the Home Page of many Lan Houses here at Brazil and you can see it's not with your hxxx://www.uol.com.br/own eyes (This link won't appear here because it's considered unsafe.). The Cookies coming from it are of the advertsings maybe of Mercado Livre.com or Americanas.com and it's really rare. You'll see thet here in this country, much people will stop using Hosts file tool. Now, my father cannot access his e-mail. It's a famous e-mail: "@uol.com.br". :sad: YOU CAN SEE IT'S NOT DANGEROUS! Please administrators, take a look at that! SPYBOT PLEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT UOL IS GIVING YOUR PROGRAM FOR DOWNLOAD! I'll call their phone now... They are a important company. (Edit this, please, if there is something out of the rules...)

tashi
2007-05-05, 07:30
Hello.

I have left a notification to this topic for our detectives, but they may not be able to give feedback until after the weekend.

Best regards.

racelike
2007-05-07, 05:27
Hello

I would like to add that UOL is safe, and in my opinion it is the biggest Internet company in Brazil (I'm one of their users for more than 7 years)

I don't know if it was spybot that put it automatically on the restricted sites of Internet Explorer (I'm still ckecking this, because with Firefox their main website - www.uol.com.br - loads ok), but all I know is that after the last update, spybot is detecting UOL cookies and UOL bookmarked pages as "Banload.Terra.Scr"

Sinistrus
2007-05-07, 05:56
Hi,

www.uol.com.br is not a dangerous site, and cookies from uol are secure.
I access this site every day and it never caused damage to my PC.

Thanks!

Yodama
2007-05-07, 07:08
hi,

thanks for reporting, the fp will be removed from the hostsfile effectively with the next update.

lllGibraltarlll
2007-05-08, 22:42
Thanks! :red: