PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer 1.5.0.6 Blank Continue Win98

flasuncoast
2007-05-07, 07:28
Its NOT the chopped message issue.

I'm having problems with Teatimer 1.5.0.6 on Windows 98 SE. In doing a search I could not tell if this is still a beta or not.

I've been getting a large frame white box, with no text, just a "continue" button in the center for a while now. I just recently realized when I click it, the Spybot Resident (teatimer) icon goes away. So it appears Teatimer is crashing, but the error window is not displaying properly. This only happens sometime after I attach or detach my external AcomData E5 USB drive while the system is running. But the error is not immediate. Today after clicking continue, I got a BSOD; Teatimer caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0187:bff714ac. And the drive will not detach after I get the error.

If I instead boot the system with the drive on and attached, I do not get the error. If I deactivate teatimer, and attach/detach the USB drive, no errors. I attach the same USB drive to 2 other systems running XP and latest Spybot without this problem.

I don't know how long I have been running this version of teatimer on this system. I normally do not check the beta versions on the first update pass. I normally run a regular update, run a scan, then get just the beta and scan again. I've been doing it like this for years. I've had the USB drive for about 3 months. And I do make sure I deactivate the drive before detaching, because if I don't, the system immediately goes BSOD and locks up. The problem only popped up about a month to 2 months ago. And it does not happen every time I attach/detach the drive. I've made no other changes in the meantime except for installing Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks

flasuncoast
2007-05-27, 17:30
Wow! Either the next version will not be Win98SE Compatible, or I should not be posting about Betas in the Beta forum? :sad: Well, A little more info just in case.

I am also updating these Windows systems with the "Unofficial Win98SE Service Pack Project." I suspect about everyone still running Win98, especially as a Server is running them too? Dunno. Pretty sure this issue is about the USB Drive Driver making a registry change that TeaTimer has trouble handling.

I also forgot to mention this system has 6 physical drives and 1 CD/DVD drive in addition to the USB Backup HD drives.

And either the message has changed or I was hallucinating the first time, but it is now a "CLOSE" message, not Continue.

If any developers or volunteers do want to persue, please send me a private email, as I won't look here again to help Spybot (quid pro quo) on THIS issue.

tashi
2007-05-27, 18:47
Hello.

Sorry your post was missed in these busy forums, I will bring to the Team's attention.

Best regards. :)

noel-pr7
2007-06-04, 20:38
Wow! Either the next version will not be Win98SE Compatible, or I should not be posting about Betas in the Beta forum? :sad: Well, A little more info just in case.

I am also updating these Windows systems with the "Unofficial Win98SE Service Pack Project." I suspect about everyone still running Win98, especially as a Server is running them too? Dunno. Pretty sure this issue is about the USB Drive Driver making a registry change that TeaTimer has trouble handling.

I also forgot to mention this system has 6 physical drives and 1 CD/DVD drive in addition to the USB Backup HD drives.

And either the message has changed or I was hallucinating the first time, but it is now a "CLOSE" message, not Continue.

If any developers or volunteers do want to persue, please send me a private email, as I won't look here again to help Spybot (quid pro quo) on THIS issue.

on the contrary, flasuncoast. the Spybot and TeaTimer apps should still work under Win98 SE and other 9x versions of Windows.