PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation problem Spybot-S&D 1.4

sunblack
2007-05-10, 11:46
Hi all,
today i've installed program and updates.
i scanned my HD found 66 items (!) tried to cancel them but i had the following alarm:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9509/image1sy7.jpg

How solve it?
Thanks in advance
Luca

spybotsandra
2007-05-10, 12:01
Hello,

Similar errors at various points during the scan have been reported on numerous occasions by people running Windows 95/98/ME systems.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
Modul = Module
Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
Becomes (in English):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system.
In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sunblack
2007-05-10, 13:04
thanks for replying
firstly, i've winXP sp2 :scratch:
the problem is that my infection is so strong that overcomes other softwares as Digital Patrol and NOD32 and it blocked task manager so i cant close other processes....so.... ???? :banghead:
Btw during my scans only IE was opened.
Actually NOD32 is unistalled (i thought there could have been a conflict) and SPYBOT error is still there (Digital Patrol has not a real time scanner so it's innocue)

I_Need_help
2007-05-13, 13:41
did you ever get to work? I have xp SP2 and get the same error, everything else is closed just Spybot open!

thanks

sunblack
2007-05-13, 16:13
all is OK now after reinstalling (repairing) WinXp