PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Crashes (different than other threads ive read)

justryn19
2007-05-10, 14:23
Well first off let me say ive been having a lot of computer freezes unrelated to spybot. Im running windows xp sp2 with pentium 4 3.0 with hyperthreading.

now i read in another thread there was some bug with spybot where you had to do the affinity thing to make spybot not freeze, and i did that, but it still froze.

ive had this computer for a while and ive never had a problem with spybot until recently. also i think i had the freeze problem right when i reformatted, but im not sure.

so ya right now my computer is kind of a mess but i can't really even find any virsues/spyware. if i play a game it will freeze randomly most of the time or just running any random program it freezes sometimes. ive used registry mechanic, adaware (which i can't get to update) and avg free edition and i don't find any problems.

with spybot i was having the "aborted by user problem," but i downloaded the registry fix and now its just freezing around 40,000 at "Gator" i believe. Its weird bc when it was aborting i was finding a bunch of spyware very early on in the scan, but now that its running to 40,000 it doesn't find anything at that point.

anyway if you have any ideas how to fix spybot or any ideas of other programs to try to run let me know. and if u want more details just ask

thanks

justryn19
2007-05-11, 05:57
well i read about people getting rid of mass dust deposits in their computers to fix related problems so i did that. that seemed to fix it so far, at least for spybot. was a ridiculous amount of dust