PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of Avenue A, Mediaplex, Doubleclick, Advertsing.com

Debord
2007-05-11, 07:12
Hello,
I have virtually no useful knowledge of computers beyond what friends have helped me with but I helped my mother set-up her computer that is run by Windows XP. I put Ad-aware, AVG, Spybot, and Mozilla on it but since she began using both Mozilla and Internet Explorer a while ago she has had recurring problems (frequently being disconnected, and sometimes being rebooted) that seem to stem from Spybot. I ran Spybot on her computer and it showed Avenue A, Advertising.com, Doubleclick, and Mediaplex. When I had them fixed and restarted the computer the next time after she got on the net and ran Spybot again the same problems came up and they won't go away. Is there anything I can do for her? I would prefer to just take it to the computer repair store I take mine to but she is worried about strangers seeing her information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
S

tashi
2007-05-11, 07:26
Hi there.

Please see the procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST" (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If you decide to go ahead and not take the machine to a shop, copy the information requested into this topic, and a helper will advise you when available.

Cheers. :)

tashi
2007-05-18, 06:25
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened and will be posting the information requested, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.