PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Coolwwwsearch.homesearch

Teebird
2005-12-31, 09:12
I recently upgraded Spybot since I went thru a debugging process to get rid of SpyAxe. When I now run Spybot, I get the scan result of: COOLWWWSEARCH.Homesearch
Data
C:\windows\agzns.dat

Spybot hasn't been able to repair/delete this file and I can't find it anywhere to just delete it. It keeps wanting to restart but always finds the same bug and can't fix it.
I'm not a techy but can figure most stuff out. I'm at a dead end with this one.
I'm running windows xp pro along with Norton Antivirus, Adaware, MS Antivirus, Ewido and Spywareblaster. (yeah, I wanted to make sure I don't have to go thru hell again getting rid of Spyaxe). None of the other products finds this bug...only when I run Spybot.
Do I need to worry since everything seems to be running well. If I do need to get rid of it, do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
T

tashi
2005-12-31, 13:02
Hello.
I think this was a typo MS Antivirus and you meant anti spyware.;)

Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available, close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found. Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report please.
Cheers.

Teebird
2005-12-31, 23:44
Tashi,
Much thanks for your help.
I followed your instructions and ran Spybot and still recieved the COOLWWWSEARCH.homesearch in the results. And again, tried to fix the problem but was unable to and the message asked to run Spybot when restarting...I said no since I've been through this before without any resolve.
Attached is the report you requested...sorry, I screwed up and selected all the tools for the report, realized my mistake,but I didn't know which were the default to set it back again.
Please advise when you get a chance.
Thanks and have a safe and Happy New Year.
T