PDA

View Full Version : S&D Icon response

aljay
2007-05-14, 06:50
When I click on the Spybot Icon it starts a scan. I want to be able to get any updates before I start the scan. How can I achieve this please?.

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-14, 22:36
Right click on the icon and select Properties. What is listed under Target?
Normally the Target to just start Spybot - Search & Destroy without scanning would be one of the following:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode

aljay
2007-05-14, 23:46
Right click on the icon and select Properties. What is listed under Target?
Normally the Target to just start Spybot - Search & Destroy without scanning would be one of the following:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode

Target shows Spybot which is greyed out.
Start in shows "C\Program Files\Spybot - Search&Destroy\"
What do I need to change?. Many thanks for your help.

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-15, 01:25
Try the following:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Right click on SpybotSD.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
Drag the "Shortcut to SpybotSD" from the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder to your desktop.
Test the new Icon.
Delete the old Icon.

aljay
2007-05-15, 03:26
Try the following:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Right click on SpybotSD.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
Drag the "Shortcut to SpybotSD" from the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder to your desktop.
Test the new Icon.
Delete the old Icon.

Tried that and it still goes straight into a scan.
What I want to be able to do is click on an Icon and it take me into the "Spybot - Search&Destroy - The Main Scan page"
so that I can get any updates before I do a scan. Perhaps it can't be done but it seems one should be able to get and update before, not after a scan.

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-15, 04:08
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. In the options tree under Automation - Program start, make sure you do not have "Run check on program start" checked.

aljay
2007-05-15, 06:10
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. In the options tree under Automation - Program start, make sure you do not have "Run check on program start" checked.
That fixed it. I presume I leave it in the "Advanced Mode"
and don't put it back into the "Default Mode"?.
The "Run check on program Start" was not checked by me
so I guess that was done under the "Default Mode" when I installed the program?.
Appreciate your help with this and at least I have learnt a bit more about Spybot.
Also, if I upgrade the Spybot program can I just install it over the top of my present version?.

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-20, 22:09
Also, if I upgrade the Spybot program can I just install it over the top of my present version?.
Each time I have upgraded (Spybot 1.2 to 1.3 and Spybot 1.3 to 1.4), I uninstalled the old version (including undoing immunization, HOSTS file, etc.)and deleted the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy directory before installing the new version.