PDA

View Full Version : ICQ Monitor 6 entries?

Chris Smith
2007-05-15, 17:58
Having recently downloaded the latest updates for Spybot search& destroy 1.4 I can no longer run my own software from 3B software called Windows Clean -Up Pro.
If I scan with Spybot 1.4 it will come up at the end with ICQ Monitor 6 entries and if these are deleted then Windows Clean-Up Pro will no longer run or come up on the screen? If I then load up the 3B Software again it will run straight away as long as I do not scan with Spybot or do not clear the ICQ 6 entries which always come up?
Use Windows XP Home Edition and suspect this is a false positive as it has never happened over the last 3 years.
Any thoughts on this one.

Chris Smith

tashi
2007-05-15, 20:22
Hi there.

Could you produce a short log so we can see the entries please.

Open SpyBot.
Check for problems.
When finished, right click and choose copy results (not the full report) to clipboard and post that into topic.

Chris Smith
2007-05-21, 15:30
Have found these in the recovery page on Spybot 1.4 as I had already cleared things down.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\(96E07F5F-C7A0-43AC-A409-55DF9431F67F)

HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\(DA46C6FA-C331-42F7-925D-47614A543CFC)

etc.

Any help

Chris

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-21, 17:06
Chris Smith:

Since you already fixed the problems, you could publish the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log file from when you fixed the problems (see Note #1).

Two methods to copy and post that information:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from when you fix the problems Open it. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click the log and do a Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the Clipboard to another post in this thread.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click the log and do a Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the Clipboard to another post in this thread.
Note #1: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.