PDA

View Full Version : How to get settings saved ?

Dreamer29
2007-05-16, 00:03
Hi all,
How to keep the "File sets" settings (for example: "Select all avaliable checks") and the "detection" or "product" you've choose to exclude for further searches ?

TIA

Denis

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-20, 22:13
All those setting are automatically saved when you exit Spybot.

There is a problem with retaining some settings if you use Spybot under multiple users since the settings for all users are store in a common location.

Dreamer29
2007-05-21, 01:53
All those setting are automatically saved when you exit Spybot..

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately, those settings aren't always automatically saved...In fact, I have one PC where they aren't others are fine.

There is a problem with retaining some settings if you use Spybot under multiple users since the settings for all users are store in a common location.

I don't think this is the problem, as all the PC where Spybot is installed have many users allowed to logon and only one PC fail to save settings. (Or may be it's a random bug)

The "Configuration.ini" file under the "X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy" folder isn't modified for all the settings.

The "Filesets" part of the config file isn't created, so you can't select what you want to scan for. If I uncheck for example, "Keyloggers" and exit Spybot, on next start, "Keyloggers" is checked again.

The file "Bots.sbe" (where are located the products you want to exclude), isn't updated, the file "Single.sbe" also...

All suggestions are welcome

Denis