PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer test

aljay
2007-05-16, 01:02
I have just followed the fix from "ElPiedra".
I thought I would be able to test the result by clicking on TeaTimer.exe
but it doesn't do anything. I note I have two files TeaTimer.exe and TeaTimer_original.exe
and neither will respond. Any help appreciated.

Zenobia
2007-05-16, 03:49
You cannot test teatimer.exe that way,the window will not come up if you doubleclick it,it has to detect a change first.
This is a quick way to get it to pop-up the Teatimer window,which you can do if you have sdhelper checkmarked:
First,doubleclick Teatimer.exe,if the last thing you doubleclicked was Teatimer_original.exe.Then,you could open Spybot,click Immunize,remove the checkmark from beside 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer',Spybot should detect that change so you can see the Teatimer window,and see if the fix 'took'.
Then you can click Allow,and recheck the checkmark beside 'Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer' to reenable sdhelper.
Teatimer_original.exe is a backup of Teatimer that Reshacker makes in case anything goes wrong,so you wouldn't want to doubleclick that,since it is a copy of Teatimer.exe from when it still had the wonky window.

aljay
2007-05-16, 05:50
Thanks Zenobia. That brought up the Window ok. This first time I did it it brought both the old popup and then the fixed popup so I guess I mucked up somewhere and who knows what it did to the Registry but it looks as though it is going to be ok now. Thanks for your help.

Zenobia
2007-05-16, 09:05
You're welcome. :)
Both windows probably came up because you had doubleclicked both teatimer.exe and teatimer_original.exe,which I hadn't thought of.Probably would have been better just for me to suggest you reboot your computer instead.It should be okay,I think I had both windows popping up before when I was messing with Teatimer,and it did no harm.