PDA

View Full Version : problem with smitfraud-C.CoreService

howardl
2007-05-16, 01:46
i have some spyware infect my pc, and among them the toughest one is the smitfraud-C.CoreService.

I use spybot to remove most of them, the last couples are:

(1)system32/drivers/core.cache.dsk
(2)system32/drivers/core.sys
(3)system32/jkklj.dll
(4)hkey_local_machine./system/controlset001/service/core

the 1/2 can be removed if boot in safe mode, then remove the files
the 3, with the help from ira vector, i use a bootable cd (pebuilder), boot from cd then remove the file.

the last one is the registry entry, which i have difficulty to remove it.

does any have any idea?

thanks

howard

pskelley
2007-05-19, 14:53
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Hello Howard, I would like to say I can help, but I can not tell from the limited information you have provided. Some infections are just not worth cleaning and I have no idea what your issues are.
Please read and follow the directions and post at least a HJT log. I can let you know if I need to see a online scan once I see the log.

Thanks

tashi
2007-05-26, 07:24
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.