PDA

View Full Version : New pop-up generating programs?

irrimn
2007-05-17, 06:48
I've recently been getting a lot of popups, even when on webpages that don't generate popups, so I figured I had some spyware on my machine, so I loaded up spybot and ran it, cleared everything out, ran it again, nothing detected, figured I was good, and no, the popups continued, so I ran hijackthis! and found the program, went to the directory and found 4 highly-suspiscious files labeled activebendmix.exe, d970eaa, dvd hope mess.exe, and pyaoomjd.exe, and on my hijackthis! log it labeled the activebendmix.exe program as "poke amok" which turns out to be some form of spyware, and I was going to just deleted them, but figured since s&d didn't pick them up I'd report them, I ran a google search for the files and it turned up nothing, so I'm guessing they are a very new variation of poke amok

I just figured the devs from S&D might wanna know, and maybe have a copy of the files so they can make it so S&D picks them up? Unfortunately the upload filesize is very small, so I couldn't upload them to here, will upload them to a file hosting service and post a link in a minute.

Hope I helped, if not I tried!

Thank you.

irrimn
2007-05-17, 06:52
Here is the link to the zip file with the 4 files:

Edit

Don't know how long they will be there, so get them while they are there.

tashi
2007-05-17, 07:04
Hello.

Please see: Infected Files. How To Submit. Please do not attach or link them here. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1699)

Thanks. :)

Fixer
2007-05-21, 11:01
Here is the link to the zip file with the 4 files:

Edit

Don't know how long they will be there, so get them while they are there.

LoL! Did he just infect the forums with these new viruses?!? :fear: