PDA

View Full Version : Another Smithfraud thread! :)

crazyjayloc2003
2007-05-18, 07:55
Well when i first suspected there was spyware present, it was because my C:\ drive temps were way too high, and programs were beginning to bog down, so i visited this forum, and i did come up with some very helpful info, but heres what i did pretty much in sequence

i have managed to eradicate most of smithfraud, and i went to extensive scans to do it

first i found it with AVG antispyware, and part of it was removed, along with a keylogger

then i scanned with AVG antivirus and it also removed another trojan

once i visited here, i learned that HJT could be used to further delete instances of smithfraud in the Winlogon notify...

so i did that as well as removing any of the .dll's associated with the pesky bug

i ran registry scans with registry mechanic, and removed anything suspicious or unneccesary

and i did a lot of it in safe mode after the initial scans showed the presence of the smithfraud bug

in spite of all this, i still get detection in spybot s&d, and it has the latest update available

i have also deleted a registry entry that has a folder called "aldd" several times only for it to reappear continuously

does anyone know where else to look in the registry for keys that may prompt the .dll's to write themselves again or any other keys or files that may need to be deleted so that it can be fully removed?

this is really beginning to bug me

no other spyware has given me this much of a headache

tashi
2007-05-18, 08:16
Hello.

Please see the procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Copy the information requested into this topic, and a helper will advise you when available.

Cheers.

crazyjayloc2003
2007-05-18, 19:44
i ran hosts expert, vundofix, and sdfix,

it did do spmething but there is still a problem, spybot s&d still detects the bug

heres the logfiles

vundofix:

VundoFix V6.3.23

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.5.0.5
Old versions of java are exploitable and should be removed.

Java version is 1.5.0.10

Java version is 1.5.0.11

Scan started at 12:29:52 PM 5/18/2007

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ejvhkqwu.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwqkhvje.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\ejvhkqwu.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ejvhkqwu.ini Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwqkhvje.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uwqkhvje.dll Has been deleted!

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

sdfix:

SDFix: Version 1.84

Run by Administrator - Fri 05/18/2007 - 12:47:58.20

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Running From: C:\SDFix

Safe Mode:
Checking Services:

Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting...

Normal Mode:
Checking Files:

No Trojan Files Found...

Removing Temp Files...

ADS Check:

Checking if ADS is attached to system32 Folder
C:\WINDOWS\system32
No streams found.

Checking if ADS is attached to svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
No streams found.

Final Check:

Remaining Services:
------------------

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\\System\\ArmyOps.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\\System\\ArmyOps.exe:*:Enabled:ArmyOps"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Halo\\halo.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Halo\\halo.exe:*:Enabled:Halo"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 7.5"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe:*:Enabled:µTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe:*:Enabled:Skype"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"F:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\3ds Max 9\\3dsmax.exe"="F:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\3ds Max 9\\3dsmax.exe:*:Enabled:Autodesk 3ds Max 9 32-bit"
"C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\monitor.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\monitor.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 monitor"
"C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\manager.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\manager.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\server.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Backburner\\server.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 server"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Loader"
"F:\\Program Files\\3dsmax7\\3dsmax.exe"="F:\\Program Files\\3dsmax7\\3dsmax.exe:*:Enabled:3ds max 7"
"C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\monitor.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\monitor.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 monitor"
"C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\manager.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\manager.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\server.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\backburner 2\\server.exe:*:Enabled:backburner 2.3 server"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 7.5"

Remaining Files:
---------------

Checking For Files with Hidden Attributes:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX0\pwdump2\samdump.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX1\pwdump2\samdump.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX2\pwdump2\samdump.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX3\pwdump2\samdump.dll
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\KPT6\MetaImage.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.tmp.LOG
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.tmp.LOG
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.tmp.LOG

Finished

HJT:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:20:28 PM, on 5/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16441)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
F:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe" -H
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Firewall Pro] "C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe" /background
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BootSkin Startup Jobs] "C:\Program Files\Stardock\WinCustomize\BootSkin\BootSkin.exe" /StartupJobs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD08] C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{33D6CC28-9F75-4d1b-A11D-98895B3A3729}\hphupd08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - Startup: SpeedFan.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll' missing
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {3AF4DACE-36ED-42EF-9DFC-ADC34DA30CFF} (PatchInstaller.Installer) - file://E:\content\include\XPPatchInstaller.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1179468708156
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{43B1AB4E-FAC6-4779-8F4C-4C087BCB67C0}: NameServer = 192.168.2.1
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Comodo Application Agent (CmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.5 Satellite (32-bit) (mi-raysat_3dsmax9_32) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Wintab32 (wintab32) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wintab32.exe <<<< (my guess is this is the culprit)

crazyjayloc2003
2007-05-21, 01:51
even while attempting to remove the possible wintab32 error,which still returns also every time i remove it, and attempting to remove errors from bith the svchost and services (which it seems to be attached to and even resistant to restoring system files) im about to give up. purchase a new drive, copy all my important folders to another drive, disconnect everything except the c drive, and DBAN the drive, then reinstall everything from scratch...

and to think i even got the latest hotfixes from Wupdate, i guess even Microsoft cant stop this one...

pskelley
2007-05-27, 15:04
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information. "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.

If you have waited FOUR days for advice post here.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1137

Posted above is information that is posted at the top of the forum. It is there to make things easy on you. All I can really say at this point is if you still have issues, make sure you have followed the directions, post some information about those issues, any error message you receive "word for word", plus a new HJT log and I will be glad to take a look.
Please be positive "Word Wrap" is turned off under Format in Notepad.

Thanks

tashi
2007-06-04, 09:19
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.