PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Drafts - Please Help!

Nicholas55
2006-01-01, 05:43
I have just found the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Harnig.ax by using the Kaspersky Online Scanner...

Kaspersky doesn't seem to have the removal tool as yet and I'm wondering if this is the cause of my problem below...

Please, anyone that can help,

I run Windows XP and use Microsoft Premium along with my DSL... I don't know if this is the place to ask for help, however, if it's not, then can someone please redirect this question to the person or persons who can help me...

I'm 99% on Microsoft Premium/IE and sometimes I have occasion to write e-mails to people about things that come to mind and so, I start an e-mail... While writing these e-mails, I often don't finish them and so I send them to my drafts folder until I can finish them or delete them... I had 20 e-mails going, some of them were rants about one thing or the other and some of them were important, (letters to my kids, etc.)...

Every time I log on, there's a prompter that comes on and says, (you have 20 drafts in your drafts folder!) Sometimes this can be annoying and I'd like to get rid of this prompter, if I can... However, this is not my problem as the other week, when I logged on the prompter didn't come on... It didn't come on because there were no more unfinished e-mails... That's correct, they disappeared... Now I can't find them and as I said before, some of them were very important to me... Can you help me find these drafts please? I'm truly sad about this loss...

Thanks very much, I'm no computer whiz, (only on since 03, off and on), learning by the old "lets see what happens if I do this, oops!", method, although I've gone beyond that very quickly...

Please try to help if you can...

Thanks again,
Nicholas

tashi
2006-01-01, 12:49
Hi there, please see this topic:
Before you post a log (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you as soon as available to do so.

Cheers. :)

tashi
2006-01-07, 20:38
Due to lack of a response this topic will be archived.
If you need it re-opened please pm me or one of the forum mods.