PDA

View Full Version : hi there

speedy45
2007-05-26, 06:57
So what are these entires and which ones are the bad and how do I remove for good?I was wonderng how do I keep the following from showng in my registry:
AntiVirusDisableNotify
AntiVirusOverride
FirewallDisableNotify
FirewallOverride
UpdatesDisableNotify

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-26, 15:13
speedy45:

If you have questions concerning detections in the future, please post a log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that:
Run a scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results into the forum thread.

For these detections:
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
I suggest that you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > look at the right hand side of the window and check the settings under "Firewall" and "Virus Protection" (expanding if necessary). I believe that you have overridden the protections and that you will find a button labeled "Recommendations". If you click on the "Recommendations" button I believe that you will get a window that indicates something like:
I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself.
and
I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself.
Note: with these setting Windows won't monitor your firewall and virus protection status and won't send you alerts if they are off or out of date.

For these detections:
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify: Settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify!=dword:0
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
Go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Resources (on the left hand side of the window – expand if necessary) > click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". This brings up an "Alert Setting" window.

There are three possible alerts:
Firewall
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings
Automatic Updates
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my Automatic Updates settings
Virus Protection
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my virus protection software settings
I think that you will find that they are all turned off. With these alerts turned off you will not receive alerts from Windows.

What firewall and anti-virus are you running? Did you intentionally disable the above features within Windows Security Center?