PDA

View Full Version : Problem using immunize with Vista (Windows Mail)!!

zobop
2007-05-27, 17:46
I use SpyBot 1.4 with windows Vista (ultimate).
The problem is that immunization writes a lot of domain names into the registry key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
And why is this a problem?
Well, Windows Mail (the "new" program for mail in vista) looks into this key everytime i press a key when writing a new mail, or responding to a mail.
So, when SpyBot fills this key with domains, that get scanned for every keystroke when writing a mail, the lag-time between keystrokes is appr. 10 seconds!!! So as you can imagine, the program hangs. :sad:
Deleting the key Domains, and replacing it with a new and empty one makes the problem go away.
Perhaps this problem can be solved?
I have suggested this to microsoft (why the hell do the program check that registry-key for every keystroke when i try to write a mail :mad: ).

Well, thats all i wanted to say.
Cheers.

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-27, 17:59
See if the following thread sheds so light on your problem:
IE7 and Outlook HTML e-mail create is slow
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=11047

zobop
2007-05-27, 18:41
Thanks!
Yes, that seems to be the same problem (sorry for the extra post). Thank you very much for that information. Windows mail is going to be replaced for some other crap in the next few days, so perhaps that will solve my problem. But i will look to fix the problem anyway, i cant walk away from a problem :D:
(IŽll be using thunderbird anyways).