PDA

View Full Version : Windows Server 2003 and Terminal Services

haroldb
2006-01-03, 00:47
I've seen this topic, or at least the W2K3 Server part, before but the answer is always unsatisfying. How well has Spybot S&D been tested on Windows Server 2003 (and with Terminal Services)? In the past the answer has always been that it "seems" to work and/or that there are occasionally reported problems. Well, I'm not too worried about scanning a W2K3 system. Nor am I worried about the static Immunization stuff (aka, registry entries). But I am very worried about running code such as the BHO and (even more so) Teatimer. I only want to run this stuff on our production machine if it has been thoroughly tested and is known to work very reliably.

So, is there any more concrete statement of support around Windows Server 2003 and Terminal Services than the wishy-washy statements I've been able to find in the past?

Thanks!
Hal

PeterGibons
2006-01-03, 19:00
I continue to run SP S&D on our 2003 Enterprise Server without problems. I run scans on off hours though, users had complained about slow program speeds when scanning durring normal hours. The server is a 2.4GHz P4 with 1GB of RAM. I have run SpyBot for about seven months now without any issues.:)