PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Lost on what to do.

knight2491
2007-05-30, 07:16
I am not quite sure when this started but here are some of the symptoms.

Outlook takes a long time to open up and clicking on anything will get the not responding message then it works normal.

I open IE and go to google and it takes about 14 seconds for it to come up only google not any other site only when I go to google.

When right clicking in IE it now takes about 2 seconds for the menu to pop up. same when I try to copy or paste.

I have run everything I can think of on the computer and only come up with a couple of cookies nothing bad I can find.

Programs ran: SpyBot, Ad-Aware, Ewido or AVG, Mcaffe for virus, Trend Micro house call online, and another program called spyware Doctor.

I have a HJT log I am going to post here. If you can find something I aould sure appreciate it as my last option I guess is going to be another re-install.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am posting in the wrong area.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 12:05:14 AM, on 5/30/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDBtnMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Timbuktu Pro\minitb2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin\Nostromo\nost_LM.exe
C:\Program Files\Jetico\BestCrypt\BCResident.exe
C:\Program Files\My Book\WD Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Anapod Explorer\anamgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\highjackthis\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Darkknight Browser
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCWipeTM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BestCrypt\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Button Manager] WDBtnMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TLogonPath] "C:\Program Files\Timbuktu Pro\\minitb2.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Anapod Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Anapod Explorer\anamgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BestCrypt Auto Open.lnk = C:\Program Files\Jetico\BestCrypt\BestCrypt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Loadout Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Belkin\Nostromo\nost_LM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WD Backup Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\My Book\WD Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: hplun.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Tb2 Launch (Tb2Launch) - Netopia, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Timbuktu Pro\tb2launch.exe

--
End of file - 3844 bytes

pskelley
2007-05-31, 14:34
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

The place to start is at the top of the forum where you posted. Even with all of this information you have told me little, and most of what you described sounds more like maintenance issues than malware and there is nothing showing in the HJT log. If you still need help, let's proceed like this.

1) Review and follow the advice in this link and see if that helps:
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html

2) Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.

3) AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 <<< you have this program onboard, follow the instruction in this link, delete or quarantine anything it finds and post the scan report.
http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=3165

Take the time to implement proceedures suggested in the first link, I have yet to see a computer that did not improve. Then post some feedback, the uninstall list and the scan results. You have not whitelisted any HJT items? Also post a new HJT log.

Thanks