PDA

View Full Version : some sort of nasty trojan

agent036
2007-05-31, 13:25
HI, I have similair problems to these posts:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/574191-m_hook-sys-hldrrr-sys-trojan.html
http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-10868.html

Mainly something is disabling spybot and avast on start up and generally mucking up the works. Since the infection started my wireless network adapter has failed and I can't seem to get it going again. I managed to track some of them problems to HLDRRR.EXE and with some difficulty deleted it, however it doesn't seem to have helped much.

Please help if you can. Here is my HijackThis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:11:31 AM, on 5/31/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
E:\apps\D-Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\apps\Sony Handheld\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\Tablet.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\UAService7.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\stuff\malware\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\apps\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] %SystemRoot%\system32\mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINNT\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] C:\apps\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lsasss] c:\windows\system32\lsasss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "E:\apps\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Ultra Hal Assistant 6 Startup.lnk = C:\apps\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalAsst.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\apps\Sony Handheld\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: TabUserW.exe.lnk = C:\WINNT\system32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1161037854737
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINNT\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINNT\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: RaySat_3dsmax8 Server (mi-raysat_3dsmax8) - Unknown owner - C:\apps\3dsMax8\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax8server.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINNT\system32\Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Sony DADC Austria AG. - C:\WINNT\System32\UAService7.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe (file missing)

pskelley
2007-06-01, 15:02
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information. "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.

Please make sure you reviewed the above information so we will be on the same page.

Here is what I see in the HJT log: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lsasss] c:\windows\system32\lsasss.exe
There may be more malware hidden? See this:
http://www.castlecops.com/startuplist-10748.html
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojgeekmya.html

Allows others to access the computer
Steals information
Downloads code from the internet
Records keystrokes
Installs itself in the Registry
Leaves non-infected files on computer

This trojan has seriously compromised your security and I need to provide this information for you.
A Backdoor is a software program that gives an attacker unauthorized access to a machine and the means for remotely controlling the machine without the user's knowledge. A Backdoor compromises system integrity by making changes to the system that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes unknown to the user.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.

Thanks

agent036
2007-06-02, 05:54
It is my intention to try to save the computer. I don't know if it was by design of the software or just a malicious act by an outside source but imeadiatly after the infection started my wireless card quit working (and thus my net access on the affected machine) so hopefully the machine's information hasn't been comprimised.

Luckily none of the info on it should give a hacker access to my fiscal information, so my primary objective is to stabilise the machine and restore security. I am an artist by trade and most of my work is on that machine. While the data apears undamaged I need to be sure it's secure before it's connected to the net again.

pskelley
2007-06-02, 14:22
Thanks but I am not real sure what you are saying. I have no idea if this trojan could cause issues with your wireless card. If you read the information I provided, then you know as much as I do about it.

While the data apears undamaged I need to be sure it's secure before it's connected to the net again.
There is no way I could ever quarantee that.

Thanks

agent036
2007-06-02, 17:12
The thing with the wireless card baffles me too. It makes no sense to take controll of a machine just top cut it off from access. My guess is that the wireless card failure was not intended, which makes me a lucky man.

The only outward symptoms of the infection are that it's destroys sprybot and avast when I try to install them and the problem with my wireless card. Ignoring the wireless card I just want to get rid of the trojans and reestablish my virus software. I know exaclt where (and even what file) the trojan came from but nothing I \have seems to detect it.

I tried removing the drive and scanning it on another machine with avast but it didn't find anything.

So assuming that I'm not going to reformat my computer, what are my options? Can I delete the trojans and repair the damage?

pskelley
2007-06-02, 17:36
Let's give this a try and see what happens:

1) How to make files and folders visible:
Click Start > Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.
You may reverse this for safety when we are finished.

2) Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune
http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/2/
Save it to your Desktop. We will use this later.

Thanks to andymanchesta and anyone else who helped with the fix.

3) Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.
Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

(Hold that report and log until you finish)

4) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lsasss] c:\windows\system32\lsasss.exe

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

5) RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

c:\windows\system32\lsasss.exe <<< delete that file (WATCH THE SPELLING)

It would be very good if we can get this run to have a look for possible hidden malware.

6) Follow the directions in this link to run AVG Anti-Spyware, make sure you delete or quarantine anything it finds and save the scan report to post.
http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=3165

7) Run ATF Cleaner
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
Click the Empty Selected button.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Restart the computer and post the SDFix report, the scan results from AVG Anti-Spyware, a new HJT log and any comments you think will help.

Thanks

agent036
2007-06-02, 21:28
Sorry, I got impatient after my las note and decided to take another crack at it.

Based in the info you gave I eliminated some elements of it with Hijack this, but I knew there was alot still there. I rebooted and had gained enough access to install Avast! and did a boot system check. Avast found several instances of the trojan you described and deleted them.

So thingsd are looking alot better. My wireless still doesn't work but that's probably just a driver issue. I just took another scan with Hijackthis, here is my log.

BTW sorry I didn't wait for your instructions.

Scan saved at 3:22:11 PM, on 6/2/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\stuff\malware\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\apps\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [german.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\wintems.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Ultra Hal Assistant 6 Startup.lnk = C:\apps\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalAsst.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1161037854737
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINNT\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINNT\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: RaySat_3dsmax8 Server (mi-raysat_3dsmax8) - Unknown owner - C:\apps\3dsMax8\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax8server.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINNT\system32\Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Sony DADC Austria AG. - C:\WINNT\System32\UAService7.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe (file missing)

agent036
2007-06-02, 22:01
Since my computer was at least mostly fixed I decided to follow your directions to see if I had missed anything.

Problem is, I can't boot into safemode. I wasn't able to before either. Since I got the infection every attempt to boot to safe mode ends with the machine giving me a brief BlueScreen and then rebooting.

Thus I can't run the utilities you suggested in a clean environment. Please take a look at my previous hijackthis log and tell me if I missed anything.

PS, thanks for your help.

pskelley
2007-06-02, 22:06
Well, I can tell you this, you have a new infection:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-021112-3313-99&tabid=1
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-021112-3313-99
http://www.castlecops.com/s12631-wintems_exe.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wintems.exe&btnG=Google+Search

This infection occured between:
Scan saved at 7:11:31 AM, on 5/31/2007

and:
Scan saved at 3:22:11 PM, on 6/2/2007

You can try this tool if you wish:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-011916-0524-99

or you can try to remove it manually:

Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

C:\WINNT\system32\wintems.exe <<< delete that file

Follow the directions in this link to run AVG Anti-Spyware, make sure you delete or quarantine anything it finds and save the scan report to post.

Post the scan results and a new HJT log.

pskelley
2007-06-02, 22:27
Keep in mind this new infection was not in the first HJT log you posted. I suggest you read all of the infromation I posted, expecially in this link:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-021112-3313-99

You need to find out who used the computer during the time frame I posted. Here is how that item got on board:

The Trojan was spammed to users in an email which contains a .zip file attachment. Inside the .zip file will be one of the following files, which is a copy of the Trojan:
loader.exe
text.exe
t_535475.exe

I personally have not opened an email attachment in five years.

Have a look at the proceedure for accessing safe mode in this tutorial:
http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/safemode/

Provide more information, do you get an error message.

Thanks

agent036
2007-06-03, 01:16
I know exactly how the first trojan got on, it wasn't an attachment, just a bad piece of downloaded software from a disreputable source. My mistake has been noted.

I zapped that german entry, I thought it was alittle odd looking. let's see if it helped.

Scan saved at 7:13:36 PM, on 6/2/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\WMP11 Config Utility\WMP11CFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\Linksys\WMP11 Config Utility\WMP11CFG.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)

pskelley
2007-06-03, 02:08
The HijackThis log looks clean right now:bigthumb: I suggest you do this.
System Restore does not know the good files from the bad. In case bad stuff has gotten into your System Restore files, follow the instructions in this link to get clean System Restore files. Turn it off, reboot then turn it back on:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001111912274039?Open&src=sec_doc_nam

If you want to run a good free trial to check for hidden junk, use this one with these instruction, delete or quarantine anything it finds and post the scan results if you have questions.
Once the trial is over you can update and use the scanner for as long as you wish, but unless you purchase it you should turn it off completely so it does not run unless you start it manually.

Some good information for you:
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html

Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums
http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.

agent036
2007-06-03, 03:07
Well I guess my issue is resolved. Thanks alot for the help.:bigthumb: