PDA

View Full Version : Smitfraud-C.CoreService

teamawesome
2007-06-04, 04:51
so I'm pretty young and I don't really understand much about computers, but I know enough to realize that something is wrong with mine. =\

I ran the whole "Search and Destroy" option and there's this one file/whatever that Spybot doesn't want to fix.

every time I hit "fix selected problems" after the scan, a window pops up that says "Some problems couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory).
this could be fixed after a restart.
May Spybot-S&D run on your next system startup?"
I let it run, and it STILL says that it couldn't fix it, then I restarted and ran it in safe mode, and it still says that it couldn't be fixed.

here's the description:
"Description
This trojan horse gets installed as a driver and constantly runs in background and connects to malicious servers without any user consent. Removal may require to manually close the file handles of the core.cahce.dsk and core.sys residing in the folder \windows\system32\drivers\. To receive help on this please contact Team Spybot S&D via forums or email."

and then in the little window showing all the files that were found, if I expand the name or whatever, it says,
"Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\core"

how do I access my log files or whatever?
I dunno how to view them, so I can't really post them here...

on top of all that, Every time I run Spybot, like 5-20 new things appear every time!
What can I do to get all of them once?

tashi
2007-06-04, 05:40
Hi there.

Someone should take a look at the system, please see this topic: "BEFORE you POST" Steps to take Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Copy/paste the logs requested into this thread, and a helper will assist you when available.

Cheers. :)

tashi
2007-06-09, 19:44
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.