PDA

View Full Version : malware program slows down my pc

kowaii
2007-06-06, 01:59
hi, i'm not sure if it belongs here, and i'm really desperate :sad:

i'm new in the whole spyware and malware scene, thought that my pc needed a little more protection other else from norton since i found some weird files in my c:/ and downloaded prevx (http://www.prevx.com/); read that it's a really good malware cleaner. however, during full system scans, it freezes up halfway, not to mention, my programs were slow to load thus i uninstalled it (i'm bloody impatient :red:).

after uninstallation, my programs were still still to load (msn takes 5 minutes to start up) and i noticed my cpu usage is nearly 100% all the time with just one firefox window and msn running, causing inconsistent spike lags in my pc, which never happened before i installed prevx.

i also ran hijackthis after the prevx incident, but like i said, the log looks gibberish to me since i'm not really a computer person.

does anyone else uses prevx and have the same problem? or could offer advice on my dilemma? thanks :laugh:

-jun

pskelley
2007-06-06, 16:40
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

You know I used Prevx for a bit so I could see what I was suggesting to members when I needed it and it slowed my computer dramatically. I also see you say you are running Symantec/Norton which is also a resource hog. Now having said this, I am still not sure why you posted in this malware forum. If you have Prevx issues, I would contact the technical support for that product, every program is not going to run on every computer. If you have a malware issue, you really need to read and follow those directions I posted above which are pinned to the top of the forum where you posted this topic.

Thanks