PDA

View Full Version : Scan alert

curlylad
2007-06-06, 17:39
I apologise in advance for the scant details but I will tell you all that I know.

A friend has run Spybot S&D and says that it detects only one thing
'Microsoft Internet Explorer Windows Lock', it tells him that it is a threat and will be deleted, it then says that it has deleted it but when he runs Spybot the same message comes up.
I am currently training at MWR as an Undergrad and will be getting a hjt log from him in 2 days time which should reveal a little more to me but in the meantime does anyone know what this could be please ?

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-06, 18:33
I'm sorry but I can not find any current detection within Spybot named 'Microsoft Internet Explorer Windows Lock'. There is a detection for "Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer" that would read as follows:

Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe!=W=1
I suggest that you or your friend post a log of the actual detection to avoid any confusion. To do that:
Have your friend run another scan.
When the scan completes, have them right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread or have your friend save those results in a Notepad file so that it can be transmitted to you and you can post it.
Thanks