PDA

View Full Version : Is there a scan log file?

Alan D
2007-06-06, 23:08
I've been using Spybot for so long now that it seems absurd that I've never asked this before - but i guess that's because I've never needed to. When Spybot completes a scan, does it keep a log of the result, and if so, where? (Is this so obvious that I'm just being stupid?)

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-06, 23:57
By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.txt logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to view those logs:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log that you want to view. Highlight it and Open it.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

Alan D
2007-06-07, 08:46
Just what I wanted. Thanks very much.