PDA

View Full Version : "System settings protections" killed by new AdAware

Keith Warner
2007-06-08, 01:38
Is "System settings protection" a part of TeaTimer? That's the impression I got from "more information" after sending error report following "needs to close" message brought on by opening installer for new AdAware released today. Happened twice, one from Lavasoft, the other from MajorGeeks.

KW

tashi
2007-06-08, 02:42
Is "System settings protection" a part of TeaTimer? That's the impression I got from "more information" after sending error report following "needs to close" message brought on by opening installer for new AdAware released today.
What was the exact message given please.

Happened twice, one from Lavasoft, the other from MajorGeeks. :scratch:

Edit: I see, you tried the installer from two different sites.

Keith Warner
2007-06-08, 04:25
Sorry for the delay. I had to reboot to get TeaTimer back. Downloaded AdAware for 3rd time, trying to re-create the problem.

Okay, Wize Inst Wizard extracted files, then as soon as installation began, "System settings protector has encountered a problem and needs to close" appeared.
See attached screenshots for details

Keith

Wow, that was a waste of time. The full-size shots are legible. Can I email them to you?

tashi
2007-06-08, 07:10
Hi

That's the impression I got from "more information" after sending error report following "needs to close" message

Yes, please send the screenshots to detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @) and provide a link back to this topic please.

If others receive this error when trying to install the new version of AAW, no doubt it will be reported in their own forums.

Thread regarding previous MS error reports: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=1733

Cheers.

Keith Warner
2007-06-08, 07:50
Email sent. I closed browsers and email client for first two installs, but didn't bother for #3, another one from Lavasoft/Cnet.

I see M$oft still thinks Spybot S&D is a product of PepiMK Software (screenshot 4)

:rolleyes: KW