PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts

Gorguruga
2007-06-08, 11:52
Spybot report:

Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts: Redirected host (Redirected host, nothing done)
www.ttjj.com=203.191.146.205

When trying to Fix the above problem from normal or safe mode, I get the message:

Unexpected error in fixing problems
(Cannot create file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

Symptoms: I'm getting a popup every 10 minutes or so directing me to the same site everytime (shop-com.co.uk). I will also occasionally get another popup which directs me to a Chinese site.

Please advise whenever you get a chance..

Thanks!

Gorguruga
2007-06-08, 20:33
I left the computer on for 7 hours and when checked again there were 37 pop ups directed to the same site I mentioned above! :oops:

Help appreciated...

Gorguruga
2007-06-09, 09:31
:angel:

pskelley
2007-06-09, 12:44
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

I don't know if we can help you or not, and I won't know until you follow the directions which are posted at the top of the forum and the top of this post.

Thanks